I just completed a month of training the public seminar "Leadership & Management Skills for Women" for Pryor Learning Solutions in Pennsylvania, Ohio and New Jersey. In this class, we discuss:
- Myths & Stereotypes that still work against our society to keep women from achieving leadership roles
- Self-Limiting Behavior to reaching our best leadership potential
- Understanding Your Leadership Style to balance your strengths and weaknesses
- Understanding Others' Leadership Styles to work more effectively with others
- Developing Emotional and Executive Intelligence to lead ourselves and others
- Reframing Conflict as Opportunity to be seen as a leader
- Positive and effective Leadership Communication.
When I was first asked to teach this class, I thought "Why train just women when leadership and management skills development is vital for all leaders' success?" I learned this month that women have unique qualities and self-limiting behaviors that require specific coaching to realize how others hold us back and how we hold ourselves back unknowingly. Eleanor Roosevelt once said "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." In this class we work on not giving that consent inadvertently and being pro-active in our leadership development and learning.
Today is the last day of Women's History Month. Please share this post on your social media accounts to help us all work toward building each other up and developing our leaders for society's greater good, especially for the women in your life!